Season 3 of Fortnite: Chapter 2 is officially here. As is the case every time a new season begins, much has changed in Epic’s popular battle royale shooter. The island has completely flooded, and there are new AI enemies called Marauders to contend with and a new type of vehicle to commandeer: cars (although those aren’t actually available in the game yet). A new season also means new challenges, and if you need help with those, we’ve got you covered.
Every week in Season 3, Epic will roll out a new batch of missions to complete while playing. Clearing these will net you XP to level up your Battle Pass, which in turn will unlock new skins and other cosmetic items. This time around, there’s also a set of Aquaman challenges that will unlock special Aquaman skins when completed. Only a handful of these challenges are actually live right now, with an additional one coming every week, but you’ll need to clear all five to unlock the skins.
If you need help completing this season’s missions, we’ve rounded up all of our Fortnite Season 3 maps and guides below. We’ll continue to update this list with additional maps and guides as Season 3 rolls on, so check back often for the latest tips.
Fortnite: Chapter 2, Season 3 Challenges
- Fortnite: Chapter 2, Season 3 Challenges
- Aquaman Challenges
- Use A Whirlpool At The Fortilla
- Complete Swimming Time Trial At Dirty Docks
- Claim Your Trident At Coral Cove
- Dive Over The Waterfall At Gorgeous Gorge
- Week 5 Challenges
- Week 4 Challenges
- Dance On Camera At Sweaty Sands
- Collect Floating Rings At Pleasant Park
- Week 3 Challenges
- Collect Floating Rings At Lazy Lake
- Land A Choppa At The Bottom Of Steamy Stacks
- Week 2 Challenges
- Find Deadpool Floaties At The Yacht
- Use Different Ziplines At The Authority
- Gather Or Consume Foraged Items At The Orchard
- Week 1 Challenges
- Find Gnomes At Homely Hills
- Secret Challenges
- Coral Buddies Wood Age Quest
- Use a whirlpool at The Fortilla
- Use a fishing pole to ride behind a Loot Shark at Sweaty Sands
- Catch different types of fish in a single match (2)
- Complete the swimming time trial at Dirty Docks
- Claim your Trident at Coral Cove
- Dive over the waterfall at Gorgeous Gorge while wearing the Aquaman outfit
- Search chests at Sweaty Sands (7)
- Eliminations at Retail Row (3)
- Use a Firefly Jar or Flare Gun at Misty Meadows
- Land at The Yacht and finish top 25
- Catch fish at Craggy cLIFFS
- Upgrade a weapon at Salty Springs
- Collect Floating Rings at Steamy Stacks (4)
- Search chests at Salty Springs (7)
- Eliminations at Holly Hedges (3)
- Collect floating rings at Pleasant Park (4)
- Land at Frenzy Farm and finish top 25
- Collet metal from Rickety Rig (200)
- Dance on camera for 10 seconds at Sweaty Sands
- Search ammo boxes at Steamy Stacks
- Search chests or ammo boxes at Misty Meadows (7)
- Eliminations at The Authority (3)
- Collect Floating Rings at Lazy Lake (4)
- Dance on top of the crane at Rickety Rig
- Deal damage from inside a cornfield at Frenzy Farm (100)
- Destroy cars within 60 seconds of landing at Retail Row from the Battle Bus (2)
- Land a choppa at the bottom of Steamy Stacks
- Use different ziplines at The Authority (8)
- Search chests or ammo boxes at Holly Hedges (7)
- Find Deadpool floaties at The Yacht (3)
- Score a goal on a soccer pitch at Pleasant Park
- Eliminations at Lazy Lake (3)
- Headshot Henchmen at The Fortilla (20)
- Gather or consume foraged items at The Orchard (5)
- Damage Loot Sharks at Sweaty Sands (200)
- Deal damage within 10 seconds of landing from the whirlpool at Hydro 16
- Enter Catty Corner Vault
- Find Gnomes at Homely Hills (3)
- Search chests or ammo boxes at Rickety Rig (7)
- Land at Misty Meadows and finish top 25
- Eliminations at Steamy Stacks (3)
- Fortnite: Where To Claim Trident At Coral Cove – Aquaman Challenge Guide
- Fortnite Gorgeous Gorge Waterfall Location: Where To Dive With Aquaman's Outfit
- Fortnite: Use A Firefly Jar Or Flare Gun At Misty Meadows Guide
- Fortnite: Catching Fish At Craggy Cliffs Guide
- How To Get Aquaman In Fortnite — The New Skins Aren't Available Yet
Use A Whirlpool At The Fortilla
The first challenge you need to complete to unlock the special Aquaman skin is to use a whirlpool at The Fortilla, one of the new locations on the Season 3 map. The Fortilla is located directly south of Holly Hedges, so all you need to do to clear this challenge is glide to the area and drop into a whirlpool. Once you’ve done so, you’ll unlock the King of the Beach loading screen for your troubles. You can see exactly where The Fortilla is located above.
Complete Swimming Time Trial At Dirty Docks
The fourth Aquaman challenge is another straightforward one–simply complete the swimming time trial at Dirty Docks, which is located just off the coast of the main island in grid square H4. Once you arrive in the area, all you need to do is swim through the clock icons you find in the water before time expires. Complete the time trial and you’ll receive the Supreme Shell back bling. You can see Dirty Docks’ exact location on the map above.
Claim Your Trident At Coral Cove
The fifth and final weekly Aquaman challenge asks you to claim your Trident at Coral Cove. The area itself is located in the northwest section of the map, just northwest of Sweaty Sands, while the Trident is on a rock in the middle of the water, between grid squares B2 and B3. Once you find the Trident, simply hold the Use button to claim it; however, it’ll take some time to actually collect the Trident, so watch out for any players who may be looking to pick you off while you try to complete the challenge. You can see the Trident’s exact location on the map above.
Dive Over The Waterfall At Gorgeous Gorge
Once you’ve completed the previous five Aquaman challenges and unlocked the Aquaman skin, a sixth one will open up, allowing you to unlock a new variant for the outfit. To do that, you’ll need to dive over the waterfall at Gorgeous Gorge. Equip the Aquaman skin before you head into a match and make your way to the landmark, which is located at the northern end of the river that runs to the west of Lazy Lake and southeast of The Authority. Once there, leap off of the waterfall’s edge into the water below; you’ll be automatically wearing the Arthur Curry version of the Aquaman skin when you surface. You can see where the Gorgeous Gorge waterfall is located on the map above.
Week 5 Challenges
Week 4 Challenges
Dance On Camera At Sweaty Sands
Break out your boogie shoes, because one of Week 4’s challenges asks you to dance on camera for 10 seconds at Sweaty Sands. The trickiest part of this mission is actually finding the camera, but once you do, simply use an emote in front of it for the required amount of time and the challenge will be complete. The camera can be found in the northern end of the beach, near the entrance to the pier; you can see its exact location above.
Collect Floating Rings At Pleasant Park
Week 4 features another floating ring challenge. This one asks you to collect floating rings at Pleasant Park. The area itself is located between grid squares D2 and D3, and there are at least four rings scattered around its outskirts–which is how many you need to collect to complete this challenge. We’ve marked down the locations of all the rings we’ve found on the map above. Your best bet is to start with ring on the bottom left, then head north to collect the one at the base of the zipline and ride that to reach the remaining two rings.
Week 3 Challenges
Collect Floating Rings At Lazy Lake
Week 3’s challenges are fairly straightforward, but one that may give you some trouble is to collect floating rings at Lazy Lake. You’ll find these scattered all around the area, but you only need to collect four of them to complete the challenge, and collecting them is simply a matter of walking or jumping into them. If you need help tracking down the rings, we’ve marked their locations on the map above.
Land A Choppa At The Bottom Of Steamy Stacks
The other tricky challenge from Week 3 asks you to land a choppa inside Steamy Stacks. The hardest part about this mission is actually tracking down a choppa to pilot, but you can reliably find these at various helipads around the island. The closest ones to Steamy Stacks are in Frenzy Farm and The Yacht, so your best bet is to head to either of these areas and snag a choppa to complete the challenge as quickly as possible. We’ve marked down all the choppa locations we’ve found on the map above.
Week 2 Challenges
Find Deadpool Floaties At The Yacht
Season 2 may be over, but you can still find remnants of Deadpool’s pool party around the Season 3 map. For this challenge, you need to find three Deadpool floaties at The Yacht, the giant cruise ship that used to float around off the coast of the island. The Yacht was destroyed during The Device event that capped off Season 2, but you can still see its remains in the northernmost part of the map, and you’ll find four Deadpool floaties scattered around it. You can see exactly where The Yacht is located above.
Use Different Ziplines At The Authority
For this challenge, you’ll need to use eight different ziplines at The Authority, the new fortress-like compound that replaced Season 2’s Agency in the very center of the map. This shouldn’t pose too much of a problem; there are ziplines scattered all around The Authority, and all you need to do to use one is approach it and press the button prompt that appears. If you need help finding The Authority, however, we’ve marked its location on the map above.
Gather Or Consume Foraged Items At The Orchard
While much of Fortnite’s map radically changed in the transition to Season 3, The Orchard remains the same as it was last season. You can find it just north of Frenzy Farm, and you’ll need to go there to gather or consume foraged items. This is fairly straightforward. You’ll find all kinds of foraged food items around The Orchard, including apples beneath trees, cabbages in soil, and mushrooms in boxes, so simply collect or consume five to complete the challenge. You can see The Orchard’s location on the map above.
Week 1 Challenges
Find Gnomes At Homely Hills
After narrowly avoiding a full-blown war with the teddy bears last season, the gnomes are back in Season 3. For this challenge, you’ll need to find three gnomes at Homely Hills, one of the new locations on the map. The trickiest part is actually locating the area itself given how substantially the island has changed when Season 3 began, but it’s located to the northwest of Pleasant Park. Head there and search around a bit and you shouldn’t have much trouble completing the challenge. You can see exactly where Homely Hills is on the map above.
Coral Buddies Wood Age Quest
On top of the standard weekly challenges, Epic is also offering some “secret” challenges throughout Season 3 that can net you additional rewards. Week 3’s secret challenge revolves around Coral Buddies–weird little blue creatures you can find living on a small island in grid square B1. To complete the quest, all you need to do is give the Coral Buddies 100 wood. Thankfully, there are enough palm trees around their island to harvest that much wood, so this challenge should be a breeze. You can see exactly where the Coral Buddies are located on the map above.
Source: Read Full Article