The Animal Crossing New Horizons Summer update is rolling out right now and Nintendo has provided a full rundown on everything that has changed. This includes providing official Animal Crossing patch notes, which confirm that players can now swim and dive around their islands. This means tracking down a Wet Suit and putting it on, which is a pretty easy task to perform while playing the game.
Other changes listed in the patch notes include players being able to trade Nook Miles new items.
This is a handy change as this will be the way you unlock a Nook Inc. Wet Suit, although the same action will not be needed to grab a snorkel.
Nintendo has confirmed these will be added to your account as soon as you have updated your game.
For those wondering where they find these new items, Wet suits will be available for purchase at Nook’s Cranny.
A message from Nintendo explains: “Begin your underwater exploration with a striking new Nook Inc. Wet Suit! You’ll be able to exchange your Nook Miles for this functional look.
“Plus, by downloading the free summer update, you’ll receive a free snorkel as a gift!
“After receiving the Animal Crossing: New Horizons free Summer Update – Wave 1, you might notice this buccaneer marooned on the shores of your island! Be a kind resident and check on the lad.
“Wet suits will be available for purchase at Nook’s Cranny when the #AnimalCrossing: New Horizons free Summer Update – Wave 1 releases this Friday! Be sure to check each day for a different design.
“Discover a scallop during your deep-sea adventures, and you might encounter Pascal! If you give your scallop to this laid-back diver, he’ll gift you some fun mermaid themed DIY recipes.”
So there’s a good reason for plunging around in the water following today’s Animal Crossing update on Nintendo Switch.
For more news on today’s changes, the full ACNH patch notes can be found below, courtesy of Nintendo:
ANIMAL CROSSING SUMMER UPDATE PATCH NOTES
Ver. 1.3.0 (Released July 2, 2020)
The software has been updated if you see “Ver. 1.3.0” in the upper-right corner of the title screen.
- General Updates
- Players can now wear a wet suit and go diving in the ocean.
- Players can now catch sea creatures while diving, which they can then donate to the museum.
- Players can now encounter new visiting characters somewhere on the island.
- Nook Miles can now be traded for new items.
- New seasonal items have been added to the Nook Shopping catalog, available for limited time only.
- Fixed the following issues:
- The names of several fish have been fixed in Korean and Simplified Chinese.
- Addressed issues to further ensure an enjoyable gaming experience.
Source: Read Full Article