A new DayZ update is releasing this week, and developers Bohemia Interactive have started sharing news on its official schedule. The good news is that all players will be receiving the new patch this week, with no delays based on platforms. This means that DayZ update 1.08 will arrive around the same time across PS4, Xbox One and PC. We also know that Bohemia is planning to release DayZ 1.08 on console and PC on Tuesday, June 30, 2020.
- PS5 price ‘leak’ is great news for PS4 fans, bad for Xbox Series X
A full release time has not been announced, but Bohemia has confirmed that it should be available to download during the afternoon hours in Central European Summer Time (CEST).
What that means for UK gamers is that a new DayZ update will be available to download sometime between 1pm and 7pm BST.
For gamers in the US, this next DayZ patch should be arriving earlier, probably around midday or during the morning hours.
It should be noted that Bohemia has not set a definitive time, meaning things could change in the coming hours.
A message from the DayZ team confirms: “The DayZ update 1.08 will be released tomorrow in the afternoon hours (CEST) on all platforms (PS4, Xbox and PC).
“You can expect no wipes of the official servers (wipes are recommended only for modded servers). Thank you for your patience and support.”
While a few content changes are expected with this new update, it looks like bug fixes will dominate the patch notes.
Bohemia warned fans that 2020 would be orientated toward catching bugs, telling fans in a blogpost:
“We would like to dedicate more time for each update this year and thus will leave bigger gaps between the updates to make sure we have more time to prepare for all platforms, which leaves us currently at 5 Game Updates planned for this year.
“This year, the development will focus on stability, bug fixing, and gameplay improvements, along with some new small-scale content.
“Please keep in mind that our policy on announcing exact release dates – or when a feature is coming – will not change.
“We will only make said announcements when we are certain we can deliver within a reasonable time frame – which usually means a feature is already well into its production.”
“DayZ is a complex beast of a game and bug fixing is a constant necessity – therefore, we’ll continue our best efforts to squash as many bugs as we can.”
A rundown of what you can expect from this week’s DayZ update can be found below, via early patch notes:
DAYZ PATCH NOTES
- Added: Sporter 22 and its attachments
- Added: Lighter
- Added: Frying Pan
- Added: Direct cooking slots on the oven and indoor stove (allows to place both pots/pans or food directly)
- Added: Cooking equipment, kindling and fire fuel can now be used to create a fireplace at the indoor stove or fireplace
- Added: Items can now be attached directly to the fireplace
- Added: Interactive indoor stove
- Added: SKVSCh Biatlon Arena location to Chernarus
- Added: Saint Roman ski resort location to Chernarus
- Added: New car wrecks on Chernarus, spawning vehicle parts
- Added: Character sounds for running out of breath
- Added: Storage containers (barrels, crates, chests,..) can now be destroyed by explosions, gunfire and melee damage
- Added: Tents, watchtowers and fences can be destroyed by explosions, gunfire and melee damage
- Added: Tents, watchtowers and fences can be repaired using tools and materials
- Added: Ruined containers and tents will drop their contents onto the ground
- Added: Canopy Tent along with color variants
- Added: Color variants for the Medium Tent
- Added: Server info in the In-Game menu (PC – can be switched off in the options menu)
- Added: Ability to pull dead bodies out of vehicles
Source: Read Full Article