Genshin Impact version 1.4 released the story quest ‘We Will Be Reunited.’ This quest introduced a new enemy called an Abyss Herald, who players must face on three separate occasions.
In order to gain access to the quest and the new enemy, players must be Adventure Rank 36 and have completed Bough Keeper: Dainsleif, and Razor’s first story chapter.
While The Abyss Herald is more fierce than Abyss Mages, he can easily be taken down with the right tactics. With each fight, he gets a bit tougher and will even summon in other enemies to help him during battle. Here’s what to expect.
Where To Find The Abyss Herald
The Abyss Herald will appear three times during the story quest and will need to be defeated each time. Here is where he will appear:
- End of Call of the Abyss Domain
- Wolvendom in Boreas Arena
- Second Entry of Call of the Abyss Domain
Be sure to stock up on food before entering the domains and going to Wolvendom.
The Abyss Herald’s Abilities
The AByss Herald will have mostly the same abilities throughout each fight, but during the second and third encounters with him, he will summon other enemies to join the fight. he will also use a hydro shield. Below is the Hydro Abyss Herald’s moveset:
- 3- Sweep Combo: Performs three hydro blade slashes.
- Annihilation: Sends out a cross-shaped hydro attack.
- Decimate: Summons a hydro blade to send flying towards the player.
- Hydro Shield: Creates a hydro shield to help absorb damage.
- Abyssal Roar: Attacks with consecutive spinning attacks up to four times back-to-back. During this period he will dash through the air towards you.
- The End is Nigh: Summons hydro blades and sends them out in eight different directions. During the time this attack is charging, he will perform close-ranged slashes in all directions.
Abyss Herald Encounter Variations
There are three fights with the Abyss Herald, below is how each one will differ:
- First Fight: There are no extra enemies, and you only need to knock off 3/4 of the Abyss Herald’s health bar.
- Second Fight: He will summon a Cryo and Electro Hilichurl archer to assist him. This is the first time he will use his hydro shield, and you’ll need to drain the shield to win the battle.
- Third Fight: This time, the Abyss Herald will summon a Pyro and Yydro Abyss Mage to help him. You must destroy his shield and completely deplete his health to win.
Abyss Herald Fight Tips
The Abyss Herald can be a tough fight for those who don’t come prepared. He is a Hydro enemy, making him extremely susceptible to cryo damage. If possible, it is best to keep your distance and use a cryo bow-user to take him on.
- Ganyu is the best choice, but Diona can also work wonders if built to cause damage.
Be sure to place characters on your team to help cause elemental reactions. The Abyss Herald can be frozen, and this is a great way to keep him from causing massive damage if you need to use a close-range cryo character like Kaeya, Chongyun, or Rosaria. Qiqi is also a great choice since her elemental skill can freeze the Abyss Herald while providing healing.
Some great supporting characters to use for this battle are:
It’s rather easy to pick up when the Abyss Herald will attack the player as he always moves his arms right before performing a move. He also has a tendency to loudly call out what attack he is using, be sure to listen for these callouts to know when to dodge.
In the second and third fights, be sure to take out his helpers as quickly as possible to avoid any additional damage.
Next: Genshin Impact: Pro Tips For Playing Rosaria
- Genshin Impact
Jess has been writing for clients all around the world for years. From companies in Japan to being featured on The Kim Komando Show, Jess has prided herself in expressing her love for gaming. Her favorite console is the Nintendo 64 and she revels in replaying through Paper Mario and Megaman Legends. When not fighting Reaverbots she can be found gushing over the newest JRPGs or watching seasonal anime with her furless cat Noko.
Source: Read Full Article