Pokemon Scarlet & Violet is brimming with colorful Pokemon old and new, as well as a variety of useful items to collect as you scour the vast Paldea region. One of the rarest, most useful, and most sought-after happens to be a herb. While seemingly simple, the Herba Mystica can serve a few highly useful functions.
This guide will serve as a blueprint related to the Herba Mystica, including its purposes, and more specifically how to farm this coveted ingredient. After all, getting your hands on even a few of these herbs is no easy task.
What Is Herba Mystica?
Herba Mystica is both the focus of the Path of Legends storyline (guarded by the Titan Pokemon), as well as a health-restoring plant that heals a Pokemon that consumes it.
Herba Mystica is very useful, as it's the key sandwich ingredient in creating Shiny Hunting Sandwiches. These will grant you Sparkling Power level 3, which will increase the odds of coming across rare Shiny Pokemon in the wild. It should also be noted that the Herba Mystica itself is very rare.
Sandwiches are made by starting a Picnic via the menu screen. You'll need to use at least two Herba Mystica along with at least one other ingredient in order to make the Shiny Sandwich.
In addition to Sparkling Power, Herba Mystica will also often yield Title Power (easier to catch Pokemon with Titles), as well as Encounter Power (increases odds of finding certain Pokemon types). You'll generally want to have Encounter Power, as it will increase the number of encounters for a given Pokemon type, bumping up the odds of finding a Shiny of that type.
Types of Herba Mystica
Herba Mystica comes in five different types or flavors. While they all can be used to make a Shiny Sandwich, using different types will affect different bonuses. Here are the five types:
- Salty (the best option for hunting Shiny Pokemon as it grants the highest boost to Sparkling Power, raising the appearance rates of Shiny types as a whole rather than just certain types of Shinies)
How To Obtain Herba Mystica
Herba Mystica can be obtained as rare drops from both five and six-star raids. The ingredient can be obtained in these raids after besting each of the five Titans.
The five and six-star raids are unlocked after completing the game.
Keep in mind that completing these raids does not guarantee the drop, and in fact, Herba Mystica is quite uncommon (regardless of type). Five-star raids will yield about a ten percent chance of dropping Herba Mystica, while six-star raids yield about a 13 percent chance.
Through Five-Star Raids
In order to unlock five-star raids, you'll need to complete the main story in its entirety. This means finishing each of the three main story paths, as well as completing the Area Zero plotline. You'll need all 18 badges.
These fights will feature Pokemon in the 65-75 level range, so plan accordingly.
Tera Raid Pokemon That Drop Herba Mystica
Raichu, Gengar, Ditto, Delibird, Blissey, Sableye, Glalie, Drifblim, Weavile, Froslass, Amoonguss, Eelektross, Talonflame, Noivern, Dragapult, Dondozo, Palafin, Cetitan, Pawmot
Gengar, Eevee, Houndoom, Blissey, Gardevoir, Camerupt, Glalie, Drifblim, Magnezone, Rotom, Zoroark, Amoonguss, Eelektross, Hydreigon, Volcarona, Clawitzer, Oranguru, Appletun, Toxtricity, Polteageist, Pincurchin, Dondozo, Palafin, Arboliva, Cetitan, Tatsugiri, Glimmora, Armarouge
Gengar, Slowking, Blissey, Altaria, Glalie, Drifblim, Mismagius, Gothitelle, Amoonguss, Eelektross, Florges, Dragalge, Goodra, Mimikyu, Hatterene, Dondozo, Palafin, Cetitan, Tinkaton
Arcanine, Gengar, Scyther, Tauros, Gyarados, Dragonite, Scizor, Blissey, Tyranitar, Breloom, Slaking, Hariyama, Glalie, Salamence, Staraptor, Luxray, Drifblim, Honchkrow, Garchomp, Abomasnow, Gallade, Krookodile, Amoonguss, Eelektross, Haxorus, Braviary, Mudsdale, Tsareena, Passimian, Flapple, Grimmsnarl, Falinks, Indeedee, Dondozo, Palafin, Revavroom, Cetitan, Baxcalibur, Bombirdier, Mabosstiff, Brambleghast, Ceruledge, Kingambit, Annikilape
Slowbro, Cloyster, Gengar, Blissey, Glalie, Drifblim, Bronzong, Hippowdon, Amoonguss, Eelektross, Avalugg, Greedent, Corviknight, Coalossal, Copperajah, Dondozo, Palafin, Orthworm, Cetitan, Garganacl
Through Six-Star Raids
In order to unlock six-star raids, you'll first need to complete the main story and beat 15 five-star raids. You'll need to get all 18 badges. Doing this will prompt a phone call from Jacq, telling you of the even more powerful raids appearing in various spots on the map.
These will generally stand at around a whopping level 90, so plan accordingly. You'll want your Pokemon to at least be close to level 100.
Tera Raid Pokemon That Drop Herba Mystica
Ditto, Vaporeon, Jolteon, Blissey, Amoonguss, Talonflame, Dragapult, Farigiraf, Dondozo, Maushold, Cetitan, Cyclizar, Kilowattrel, Grafaiai
Gengar, Vaporeon, Espeon, Blissey, Gardevoir, Magnezone, Glaceon, Amoonguss, Hydreigon, Volcarona, Dragalge, Clawitzer, Sylveon, Farigiraf, Dondozo, Cetitan, Glimmora, Armarouge
Vaporeon, Umbreon, Slowking, Blissey, Amoonguss, Goodra, Mimikyu, Frosmoth, Farigiraf, Dondozo, Cetitan, Tinkaton, Toedscruel, Clodsire
Tauros, Gyarados, Vaporeon, Flareon, Dragonite, Scizor, Heracross, Blissey, Tyranitar, Breloom, Salamence, Staraptor, Garchomp, Leafeon, Gallade, Amoonguss, Haxorus, Lycanroc, Pincurchin, Farigiraf, Dondozo, Revavroom, Cetitan, Baxcalibur, Pawmot, Bombirdier, Mabosstiff, Ceruledge, Kingambit, Annihilape
Vaporeon, Blissey, Pelipper, Torkoal, Hippowdon, Amoonguss, Avalugg, Toxapex, Corviknight, Farigiraf, Dondozo, Orthworm, Cetitan, Klawf, Garganacl, Dachsbun
Tips For Farming Herba Mystica
- The fastest, most effective way to farm Herba Mystica is to seek out five-star Tera Raids specifically. While six-star raids yield more Herba Mystica, five-stars are a degree easier to beat, and can realistically be beaten alone—assuming you bring the right, well-equipped Pokemon.
- Seek out six-star Tera Raid Dens more quickly on the map screen by looking for the star icons that have a sparkling pink and white tint along the outside of the icon.
- Be sure to save near the Tera Crystal before engaging, and turn off autosave. You'll be able to quickly reload your save just prior to fighting the Pokemon in the raid if it goes awry.
- If looking to farm from six-star raids, you'll want to play online or invite friends via co-op to help in getting the ingredient.
- You can increase your odds of obtaining more Herba Mystica after beating a Tera Raid by eating level two sandwiches that boost Raid Power.
- Be sure to craft sandwiches whose Raid Power boost matches the type of Pokemon you're battling in the raid. This meal powers guide provides more information about the various sandwiches and their effects, including those that boost Raid Power.
- Keep in mind that the generated rewards from a given Tera Raid will remain the same regardless of how many times you return to it. Rather, wait until the next day, as a new random Tera Raid will spawn, yielding new rewards.
- If you've completed each of the available five and six-star raids on your map you can speed up time, making each Tera Raid reset. To do this, go to your System Settings in the Switch menu, click on date and time, and move the current day either a day forward or backward. This will trick the game's internal clock and spawn new raids.
- If hosting friends, the host can log off after finding Herba Mystica as a reward and jump back into the game, reinviting the other players. Provided the host doesn't save after completion, your friends (or other players) can then jump back in and replay the Tera Raid that was just beaten, as it will yield the same rewards.
- Note, the host won't receive the rewards until saving, but guests invited to their game can.
- The best Pokemon to seek out when farming from five-star Tera Raids (these will drop every type of Herba Mystica):
- Blissey, Gengar, Drifblim, Amoonguss, Palafin, Eelektross, Glalie, Cetitan
- The best Pokemon to seek out when farming from six-star Tera Raids (these will drop every type of Herba Mystica):
- Blissey, Vaporeon, Farigiraf, Amoonguss, Cetitan, Dondozo
- Make a point to use your Pokemon that best counter the Pokemon listed above for easier victories.
- The best Pokemon to use against five and six-star Tera Raids:
- Iron Hands, Gholdengo, Miraidon, Umbreon, Perrserker, Azumarill, Flutter Mane
- You'll generally want to emphasize Pokemon that are tanky and/or have healing capabilities.
- Some ideal moves to use are Belly Drum, Wild Charge, Helping Hand, Soft Boiled.
Source: Read Full Article
While the Path of Legends story features Herba Mystica, defeating the Titan Pokemon and finishing the quest doesn't actually provide the ingredient during or after the missions. Rather, these quests will advance the story and give transportation upgrades to your Legendary Pokemon, as well as XP by beating the Titan Pokemon. However, they will also allow you to unlock different types of Herba Mystica.
Best Pokemon And Moves For Five And Six-Star Tera Raids