We use your sign-up to provide content in ways you’ve consented to and to improve our understanding of you. This may include adverts from us and 3rd parties based on our understanding. You can unsubscribe at any time. More info
If you’re looking to bag a PlayStation 5 this weekend, then you’d better start with GAME.
Following this week’s GAME restock, customers are encouraged to check the store’s website on Friday morning (October 22) for a second stock drop.
The second stock drop usually takes place a day after the first, as customers cancel orders. GAME has also vowed to cancel any duplicate orders that violate its “1 per customer” rule.
GAME explains more: “This morning, we will be going live with a selection of PlayStation 5 Disc consoles.
“PlayStation 5’s continue to be in very high demand and that demand far outweighs current supply.
“We have strong measures in place to help ensure that our “1 per customer” statement is maintained to allow for as many individual customers to successfully purchase as possible.
“All pre-orders are subject to automatic checks. Order updates (such as cancellation emails) take place after a customer will have received a valid order confirmation email.
“At the present time these orders are still pre-orders and as such no payments have yet been taken from customers. Payments will commence once our order checks have been completed.”
If you don’t have any luck with GAME, then you should get your wallet ready for a Sunday stock drop at ShopTo.
ShopTo routinely restocks the PS5 on a Sunday, usually in the afternoon.
The retailer’s website often struggles to keep up with demand whenever the PS5 goes on sale, so refresh buttons at the ready.
There are lots of great games available to buy right now, including exclusives like Returnal, Ratchet and Clank, and Deathloop.
Deathloop sees rival assassins battle it out on a mysterious island stuck in a perpetual timeloop.
My personal favourite is Returnal, which also features a timeloop gameplay mechanic.
PS5: Sony unveil pricing for PlayStation 5 console
PlayStation 5 shopping tips when buying from GAME (via PS5 UK Stock)….
• Get familiar with the bundles, so you know which one to target first: Obscure bundles are easier to get, standalones almost impossible. [GAME]
• When alerted, click through to your first bundle of choice as quickly as possible, this will get you into the queue. [GAME]
• If it says it’s failed when trying to checkout, it means that bundle is now OOS. So go back to the bundles and pick another one. [GAME]
• Checking out too much too quickly will give you a 30-60 second timeout, so don’t rush it. If this happens, just wait a bit then try again. [GAME]
PlayStation 5 general shopping tips…
• Login if you already have an account with the retailer.
• Use multiple devices wherever possible – desktop browser, laptop, tablet, smartphone.
• If the retailer has a dedicated app, download and use the app for purchasing a PS5.
• Sign up for retailer stock alerts where possible. Sites like ShopTo allow users to register interest.
• Follow stock checker accounts and websites, including PS5 UK Stock and Express Gaming.
Source: Read Full Article