Stubbs The Zombie is making a triumphant return next month, as Rebel Without a Pulse is coming to Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Switch, and PC on March 16. It’ll also be playable through backward compatibility on Xbox Series X|S and PS5.
The announcement was packed with the usual Stubbs humor, as the loveable zombie himself broke the news. “Today, I announce my return to Aspyr as CEO, President, Founder, and Community Manager,” said Stubbs The Zombie. “Any rumors that I have eaten brains (especially those at Aspyr) are falsehoods, fallacies, and obviously big fat lies.
He then mentions he prefers to be called Edward Stubblefield.
The list of available content is just as bizarre as the rest of the announcement. Here’s a short list of achievements you’ll find in the game:
- That didn’t age well: Complete the painfully slow, forced tutorial
- I make a PP: Soil the water supply with your finely aged urine
- Get lost: We know you did
If you never got around to playing the game in 2005, Rebel Without A Pulse follows the story of Stubbs – a zombie living in the city of Punchbowl in 1959. It’s full of over-the-top humor, arcadey action, and even a bit of local co-op. Its current-gen release will include the following content:
- Eat Brains: Chomp on the living and replenish your bodily arsenal of zombie sputum, gut grenades, and the stunning unholy flatulence
- Build Your Zombie Horde: Convert your enemies into undead allies and lead a zombie assault on the living
- Possess Punchbowl’s Population: Clamp your severed hand to a barbershop quartet singer’s head and raygun away
- Bring Civilization to its Knees: Show the retro-futuristic city of Punchbowl, PA that they can’t escape the past
- Stubbs and Chill: Invite a friend to play as Grubbs for classic couch cooperative hijinks. (Friend not included)
Stubbs The Zombie In Rebel Without A Pulse will be available for consoles and PC on March 16.
NEXT: 3D Platformer Bang-On Balls: Chronicles Launches In Early Access For PC Via Steam On March 3
- Game News
- Xbox One
- Indie Games
Jon Bitner is an Associate Editor for TheGamer. His passion for gaming started with his first console (Sega Genesis) and he hasn’t stopped playing since. His favorite titles include The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, Team Fortress 2, Rainbow Six Siege, Pokémon Sword & Shield, Old School Runescape, Skyrim, and Breath of the Wild. He can usually be found playing the latest RPG, FPS, or some obscure mobile game. Before working as Associate News Editor, Jon earned a Biology degree and worked in the Biotechnology sector — experiences that taught him how to put words together and make sentences. When not playing or writing about the gaming industry, he enjoys sleeping, eating, and staring at birds.
Source: Read Full Article