- The Kalu'ak – Where They Live And How To Get There
- Benefits Of Kalu'ak Reputation
- List of Quests That Reward Kalu'ak Reputation
If something works, stick with it. In fact, do it all over again. That's a good enough reason for World of Warcraft: Classic to return to the snowy plains of Northrend. Wrath of the Lich King was the most popular expansion ever, and players as well as the company heads at Blizzard are enjoying the nostalgia with a recent re-release.
Northrend is home to several animals and races of the Arctic persuasion. The Kalu'ak are part of the Tuskarr race, the walrus people that inhabit the southern coastline. Their cities are made of giant tusks, whalebone, and hide, and when they camp in the wilderness away from home they mark their presence with kites and incense burners.
There's no Kalu'ak tabard to wear in dungeons and no mobs to kill that grant reputation. Even the repeatable daily quests just involve foraging and gathering. The best way to grind rep with this faction is to do as many quests with their representatives as possible, and then repeat the three daily quests until reaching Exalted.
The Kalu'ak – Where They Live And How To Get There
The towns of the Kalu'ak are reachable by flight path, with a few exceptions. There are also gondolas, lifts, canoes, and even float planes available as transport options, depending on the zone. The turtle ferry is the safest way to travel along the southern coast, so most players opt for this handy public transport when they first arrive as a way to get the flight paths for later.
- The Ancient Lift: Located on a cliff overlooking the west coast, this is where you find the quest giver Orfus of Kamagua. You can take the lift to his village on the Isle of Spears.
- Kamagua: The gondola from the Ancient Lift stops just to the south. Tanaika the Quartermaster is located in this location, which is one of the major Kalu'ak settlements and has a turtle dock along with a flight path.
- Scaliwag Point: A smaller island that's accessible by running across a shallow channel from the Isle of Spears. There are no Kalu'ak here but you can do some quests to gain rep with them.
- Unu'pe: A former settlement that's now beset by the undead, this is located halfway between the town of Kaskala and the Scourge outpost of Death's Stand.
- Kaskala: A town that has seen better days, it lies mostly in ruin because of the unrest in nearby Unu'pe.
- Pal'ea: A settlement now in ruins because of Scourge attacks, the quests here are close to Warsong Hold and only available to Horde players.
- Coldrock Quarry: You won't find the Kalu'ak further inland than this quarry on the east side of Amber Ledge. Look for the kite and the big rock.
- Moa'ki Harbor: The biggest functioning town the Kalu'ak have, this is where you can find Sairuk the quartermaster, a turtle ferry dock, and a flight path.
- Indu'le Village: Slightly inland from Mao'ki on the shores of Lake Indu'le, the current population is hostile and under the influence of malicious energies.
Benefits Of Kalu'ak Reputation
There are many factions in Northrend to grind reputation with, and the ones that you choose might depend on your class and profession. The Kalu'ak, on the other hand, have a universal appeal because of their unique and fun rewards, many of which are high-quality items to make the leveling process easier and more stylish.
The Quartermasters carry limited goods for players with a Friendly reputation but the whole inventory is only available once you hit Exalted.
- Freshly-Speared Emperor Salmon: A consumable that restores health.
- Design: Purified Shadow Crystal: A Jewelcrafting recipe that teaches you to cut a gem, requiring a skill level of 350.
- Design: Seer's Dark Jade. A Jewelcrafting recipe to cut a gem. It requires a skill level of 350.
- Design: Defender's Shadow Crystal: A recipe for a cut gem, only usable by Jewelcrafters with a skill level of at least 350.
- Pigment-Stained Robes: A cloth chest piece that increases spell power by 66.
- Turtle-Minders Robe: A cloth chestpiece that increases hit rating by 38 and spell power by 66.
- Whale-Skin Breastplate: A leather chest piece that increases haste rating by 55 and attack power by 114.
- Whale-Skin Vest: A leather chest piece that increases haste rating by 56 and offers Intelligence.
- Cuttlefish Scale Breastplate. A mail chest piece that increases attack power by 82.
- Cuttlefish Tooth Ringmail. A mail chest piece that restores 28 mana per second and increases attack power by 65.
- Ivory-Reinforced Chestguard. A plate chest piece that increases defense rating by 26 and expertise rating by 28.
- Whalebone Carapace. A plate chest piece that improves critical strike rating by 46.
- Pattern: Emerald Bag: A Tailoring recipe that requires a skill level of 435, makes a 32-slot Herbalism bag.
- Pattern: Trapper's Traveling Pack: A Leatherworking recipe that requires a skill level of 415, makes a 28-slot leatherworking bag.
- Totemic Purification Rod: A one-handed mace that increases spell power by 314, haste rating by 32, and improves attack power by 201 for Druid shapeshifting forms.
- Traditional Flensing Knife: A dagger that increases armor penetration by 21 and attack power by 908 when in Druid shapeshifting forms.
- Whale-Stick Harpoon: A polearm that increases spell power by 314, haste rating by 32, and improves attack power by 201 for Druid shapeshifting forms.
- Mastercraft Kalu'ak Fishing Pole. Allows underwater breathing, buffs your fishing skill, and is a decent two-handed weapon when it's not being used for fishing.
- Nurtured Penguin Egg. An adorable non-combat companion pet.
List of Quests That Reward Kalu'ak Reputation
All of these quests offer some reputation gain with the Kalu'ak. Some are one link in quest chains that might lead to other areas, and don't always result in getting Kalu'ak reputation.
|Quest||Giver & Location||Reputation Rewarded|
|A Father's Words||Karuk, Whiplash Strand, Borean Tundra||+300|
|A Return to Resting||Orfus of Kamagua, the Ancient Lift, Howling Fjord||+500|
|A Visit to the Curator||Etaruk, Coldrock Quarry, Borean Tundra||+500|
|Arming Kamagua||Elder Atuik, Kamagua, Howling Fjord||+500|
|Avenge Iskaal||Elder Atuik, Kamagua, Howling Fjord||+700|
|Burn in Effigy||Waltor of Pal'ea, Borean Tundra||+500|
|Conversing With the Depths||Elder Mana'loa, Moa'ki Harbor, Dragonblight||+1000|
|Cruelty of the Kvaldir||Captured Tuskarr Prisoner, Riplash Strand, Borean Tundra||+300|
|Elder Atuik and Kamagua||Orfus of Kamagua, The Ancient Lift, Howling Fjord||+150|
|Elder Mana'loa||Toalu'u the Mystic, Moa'ki Harbor, Dragonblight.||+500|
|Feeding the Survivors||Elder Atuik, Kamagua, Howling Fjord||+500|
|Freedom for the Lingering||Elder Mana'loa, a tuskarr memorial statue near Lake Indu'le, Dragonblight||+500|
|Gamel the Cruel||Karuk, Whiplash Strand, Borean Tundra||+250|
|Grezzix Spindlesnap||Elder Atuik, Kamagua, Howling Fjord||+20|
|Hampering Their Escape||Etaruk, Coldrock Quarry, Borean Tundra||+700|
|Horn of the Ancient Mariner||Waltor of Pal'ea, Borean Tundra||+500|
|Karuk's Oath||Karuk, Whiplash Strand, Borean Tundra||+350|
|Leading the Ancestors Home||Elder Atkanok, a tusakarr monument near Coldrock Quarry||+700|
|Let Nothing Go To Waste||Elder Ko'nani, Moa'ki Harbor, Dragonblight||+500|
|Meat on the Hook||Tua'kea, Moa'ki Harbor, Dragonblight||+700|
|Muahit's Wisdom||Ataika, Kaskala, Borean Tundra||+500|
|Mutiny on the Mercy||Captain Ellis, The Sister Mercy, Howling Fjord||+300|
|Not Without a Fight!||Ataika, Kaskala, Borean Tundra||+500|
|Orabus the Helmsman||Waltor of Pal'ea, Borean Tundra||+500|
|Orfus of Kamagua||Lunk-tusk, Westguard Keep, Howling Fjord||+50|
|Planning for the Future (Daily)||Trapper Mau'i, Moa'ki Harbor, Dragonblight||+500|
|Preparing for the Worst (Daily)||Utaik, Kaskala, Borean Tundra||+500|
|Reclaiming the Quarry||Etaruk, Coldrock Quarry, Borean Tundra||+500|
|Return to Atuik||Orfus of Kamagua, The Ancient Lift, Howling Fjord||+1000|
|"Scoodles"||Silvermoon Harry, Scaliwag Point, Howling Fjord||+500|
|Seek Out Karuk!||Waltor of Pal'ea, Borean Tundra||+500|
|Signs of Big Watery Trouble||Wrecked Crab Trap, near Moa'ki Harbor, Dragonblight||+20|
|Slay Loguhn||Elder Ko'nani. Moa'ki Harbor, Dragonblight||+700|
|Sorlof's Booty||Captain Ellis, The Sister Mercy, Howling Fjord||+300|
|Spiritual Insight||Toalu'u the Mystic, Moa'ki Harbor, Dragonblight||+500|
|Street "Cred"||Grezzix Spindlesnap, Kamagua, Howling Fjord||+50|
|The Ancient Armor of the Kvaldir||Silvermoon Harry, Scaliwag Point, Howling Fjord||+500|
|The Bait||Tua'kea, Moa'ki Harbor, Dragonblight||+500|
|The Dead Rise!||Orfus of Kamagua, The Ancient Lift, Howling Fjord||+500|
|The Emissary||Veehja, Shrine of Scales, Borean Tundra||+1000|
|The Frozen Heart of Isuldof||Silvermoon Harry, Scaliwag Point, Howling Fjord||+500|
|The Honored Ancestors||Elder Atkanok, a tusakarr monument near Coldrock Quarry||+500|
|The Lost Shield of the Aesirites||Silvermoon Harry, Scaliwag Point, Howling Fjord||+300|
|The Lost Spirits||Elder Atkanok, a tusakarr monument near Coldrock Quarry||+500|
|The Shield of the Aesirites||Captain Ellis, The Sister Mercy, Howling Fjord||+250|
|The Tides Turn||Elder Muahit, Njord's Breath Bay, Borean Tundra.||+500|
|The Way to His Heart…(Daily)||Anuniaq, Kamagua, Howling Fjord||+500|
|Travel to Moa'ki Harbor||Hotawa or Anuniaq, Kamagua, Howling Fjord||+20|
|Tua'kea's Crab Traps||Tua'kea, Moa'ki Harbor, Dragonblight||+500|
Source: Read Full Article