[Update: The new patch should now be available on all platforms as of June 25.]
Original story follows:
A new update for Battlefield 5 is coming, focused mostly on addressing issues introduced by the big 7.0 update. That one marked the final content update for the game, as DICE is moving onto other projects that will most likely be on PS5 and Xbox Series X instead of current-generation systems. However, DICE will be continuing to support it with maintenance like this, as well as rotating previous in-game events. This means you won’t be stuck playing the exact same content if you have stuck with the game.
According to the patch notes, this will also deliver a “handful of new cosmetics that missed our last update sprint.” There is no planned downtime for this update, so you’ll be able to launch right back into a game as soon as you download it. The patch will be 3.65 GB on PC, 1.26 GB on PS4, and 2.13 GB on Xbox One.
Among the fixes, this patch will address a bug that let the K31/43 fire an extra bullet, fixed the magazine size for the Welrod, and addressed a few odd map exploits and bugs in Provence and Outpost, among others.
EA and DICE had previously announced that the June 7.0 update would be its last, with any future updates to focus on fixes and community tools. When it came time to actually release the update, though, DICE opted not to release any promotional material like trailers so as to be respectful of ongoing racial justice protests. The update added new maps, weapons, and gadgets.
Battlefield 5 Update 7.1 Patch Notes
- K31/43 is no longer able to fire an extra bullet while switching firing modes
- K31/43 no longer has accuracy issues
- Welrod now properly has 6+1 magazine size and operates as open bolt
- Fixed some instances where K31/43 sniper scopes had the German post crosshair instead of the correct Swiss crosshair.
- Fixed an issue what would cause the soldiers models to not show in the frontend
- Fixed the cosmetics that went missing with the previous update
- Fixed the Welrod Master Dogtag which had the incorrect icon
- Provence – Players will no longer get stuck on top of the ammo box
- Provence – The water on the map is no longer bulletproof
- Twisted Steel – Frontlines – Removed the vehicles for the US team within the squad reinforcement menu
- Outpost – Fixed an exploit that could give a team an unfair scoring advantage
- General stability improvements
Source: Read Full Article